Pages

06/09/2012

Panmurefield Environmental Issues Reported

Following up a complaint from a constituent, I took my dog for a walk in the public open space between Panmurefield Village and Balgillo Road. 

This valuable corridor of land sits either side of the Dighty Water. The major pathway running along the North bank is a section of the Dundee Green Circular.

My picture, bottom left, shows two public benches near the section of the Green Circular close to the Seven Arches bridge which have been almost overwhelmed by the growth of weeds including Giant Hogweed. I have reported this to the Environment Department.

The main section of the pathway which runs above the benches (and is out of view) seems to be poorly drained and is prone to water pooling and consequently gets muddy. I have also reported this and requested this stretch of the Green Circular is added to the programme of upgrading works to the surface of the route which is ongoing.