Pages

27/11/2012

Dropped Cast Iron Drain Covers on Dundee Road Need Fixing

On the drive from Broughty Ferry to Dundee along the Dundee Road, I have noticed a number of clunks as my car drives over significant depressions in the road surface.  My bumpy ride in this instance, is caused by three dropped drain covers which are roughly in a line close to the junction of Dundee Road and Ralston Road on the southern carriageway.

Rather like pot holes, if dropped street ironwork is not sorted out, our car journeys can make for an uncomfortable ride and at worst they can cause damage to tyres and wheels.

I first reported these dropped drain covers two months ago. My picture shows a significant depression in the road but more ominously,  I noticed stress fractures in the surrounding tarmac which will only get worse when snow and ice get into them over the winter.

I think it's more than time this was sorted out by the Roads Partnership.