Pages

22/04/2016

Rendering Falling off Retaining Walls in the Car Park at Campfield Square Shopping Centre

Campfield Square Shopping Centre, Broughty Ferry Dundee
It was recently brought to my attention that sections of rendering had been coming away from the retaining wall in the car park at the Campfield Square Shopping Centre.

I think that this is potential hazard for members of the public and their vehicles. It is also unsightly and contributes to making the shopping centre appear run down.

I have written to the factors that deal with the maintenance of the Shopping Centre and asked them to attend to this. In the meanwhile, I have recommended that they cone off the area of car parking concerned.

I have also copied my email to the City Council engineers so that they are aware of this potential hazard.

In the meanwhile, I recommend to shoppers that when they park their cars they avoid parking in the bays that are adjacent to these walls.