Pages

07/09/2015

50+ mile Glasgow to Edinburgh Pedal for Scotland 2015 Completed

Laurie Bidwell at Glasgow Green prior to the start of the 2015 Glasgow to Edinburgh Pedal for Scotland
I did it! Leaving Glasgow Green at 10:25 on Sunday 6 September, I went over the finish line at Murrayfield Stadium at 16:05. 

The thousands of riders enjoyed favourable weather along the roads and miles and up and down the hills between Edinburgh and Glasgow. The coned off route made it a real pleasure to be cycling along many roads that would otherwise have been busy with cars and other vehicles on a Sunday.

Thanks are due for all the encouraging messages of support I received to help me on my way.

Thanks too are due to my very generous sponsors, they know who they are, who collectively helped me to raise £485 plus £91.25 Gift Aid at the last count.


But it's not too late to donate and help me exceed my target fundraising for the Tushinde Children's Trust; helping vulnerable children thrive in the sprawling Mathare slums in Nairobi, Kenya https://www.justgiving.com/Laurie-Bidwell7/