Pages

20/05/2014

My Councillor Expenses for 2013-14

Councillor Laurie Bidwell Annual Return for Allowances and Expenses 2013-14
Click on image to enlarge
The Local Government (Allowances and Expenses) (Scotland) Regulations 2007 as amended, require the Council to keep a record of payments made to Elected Members (Councillors) and to publish the information for the preceding financial year (1 April to 31 March) by 1 June.

Above you will find a copy of my annual return for 2013-14. I was notified today by the City Council that this will circulated to the press and published on the Council's website very shortly. In the interests of transparency, I am also publishing it on my blog today.

You will see that I have taken the basic nationally agreed salary for Councillors of £16,395.96. In addition the council has supplied and paid for a mobile phone amounting to £135.26 throughout the year and £40 towards the cost of my home landline and internet. As you can see, I do not claim travel expenses for attending any community or council meetings in Dundee.

If you have any questions about my expenses please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.  You also have the right to inspect copies of any claims made by me or any other elected member at the City Council Offices.