Pages

30/10/2013

Unfortunately Douglas Terrace DD5 is NOT About to be Resurfaced

Douglas Terrace in BroughtyFerry
Earlier this month I was delighted to announce that Douglas Terrace in Broughty Ferry was about to be resurfaced starting on Monday 21 October 2013. 

I had previously drawn attention to the Roads Maintenance Partnership about potholes in this street and the pavements.

When I noticed that no work had started over the last week, I contacted the Transportation Department to inquire about the reasons for the delay. Unfortunately I was informed that the original notice about the temporary closure of the road while the road works were going on had been wrongly sent to Ferry Councillors. I for my part must put my hand up and say I should have read all of the details in an attachment that would have alerted me to the fact that The Douglas Terrace to be resurfaced was in DD3 and not DD5.

Bearing in mind the condition of this stretch of the road along the beachfront, I have written to ask for a date when our Douglas Terrace in Broughty Ferry will be resurfaced.