Pages

13/01/2013

Residents in Beaumont Terrace Want an End to Potholes in Their Road and Pavements

Just one of the many sections of crumbling road
 & pathway surfaces in Beaumont Terrace
Last week, I met residents in Beaumont Terrace in The Ferry who had contacted me to complain about their pavements and road surfaces. Over the years a long standing resident reported that they had noticed a steady decline in the state of these. 

They took me for a walk round their Terrace to point out what they are concerned about and I took the opportunity to take some photos. From my observations and pictures it's clear that general wear and tear and recent bouts of bad weather have damaged sections of the road and pavements. Some previous patches and sections of infilling over section for the road that had been dug up are crumbling as they lose adhesion.

I have written to the Roads' Maintenance Partnership and asked them to inspect Beaumont Terrace and repair the worst of the existing holes. 

But that won't be enough, except for the short term. After successive batches of patch and mend, the residents I met in Beaumont Terrace think their road and pavements needs to be completely resurfaced and that it must be their turn soon. I agree. 

I have also written to the Council to find out where this street is on the waiting list for resurfacing. I shall be urging that Beaumont Terrace is prioritised.