Pages

04/12/2012

Work Begins on Coastal Pathway Improvements


Earlier yesterday members of staff from Tayside Contracts were making a start to the work to upgrade the last unimproved section of the coastal pathway between the Stannergate and Douglas Terrace. I was pleased to see the work beginning, which will focus on strengthening and widening the section of the raised coastal pathway between Grassy Beach and Douglas Terrace.

While I have previously expressed my concerns about the process to approve this contract, I am now satisfied that the formalities have been properly undertaken and of course Councillors unanimously approved the contract on Monday 26 November. 

While the building work is being undertaken there will inevitably be some disruption for those who travel along the coastal pathway on foot or bicycle. I have received assurances that every effort will be made to maintain access along the pathway as the building works progress. I can however reassure constituents that, as this is part of my regular dog walk, I shall be paying particular attention as I walk past very day.

Weather permitting, I think we should be able to look forward to a completed coastal pathway by the early Spring.