Pages

21/03/2012

Reassurance That Camber on Station Ramp Will be Improved


When the new entrance to the 'down' platform at Broughty Ferry Station (for trains running towards Dundee) opened last month, I noticed that the camber on the ramp between the pavement and the new passageway to the platform looked to be difficult to negotiate, especially for people with mobility difficulties. Link to earlier page on my blog.
When I referred this to the Head of Transportation at the City Council, they arranged for an inspection of the ramp which confirmed my observations. 
I have received the following reply from the Council:
"Thank you for contacting me relating to Broughty Ferry station access and I can confirm that the Council have been in contact with the Contractor who is undertaking the works within the station.  They have confirmed that the tarmac 'ramp' into the station from Gray Street is only a temporary fix and they are going correct this with a more permanent solution which will ensure ease of access for all."
I trust that this means 'job done'!