Pages

17/09/2011

Green Circular Ride Raises Over £390 for Charity


On Sunday 11 September, I enjoyed pedaling round the 26 miles of the Dundee Cyclathon in the company of hundreds of other cyclists. The route was mainly off road following the Dundee Green Circular.

The Abertay Rotary Club is to be congratulated on a well organised, safe and fun event. There were marshals at all the key junctions and refreshment stations every few miles. 

With the generous help from constituents, friends, family, and colleagues, I raised £393.50 in sponsorship. I was fundraising for Tushinde Children's Trust, a Scottish based charity that supports projects in Nairobi Kenya that provide education and nutrition for children living in in a highly populated sprawling slum called Mathare. When some final donations are recorded, I am hoping my target of £400 will be exceeded. It's not too late to donate via my fundraising page 



Much of my time as a Councillor is focusing on the education of our children in Dundee. I have found it humbling to be involved with a charity that focuses on meeting the needs of children in Mathare for whom access to school and one square meal a day cannot be taken for granted.

Read/download Dundee Green Circular Route Map East
Paper copies of the map are available free from Libraries and Cycle Shops.